fredag 16. oktober 2015

Seller's remorse

It's been a busy week at work, which is just as well, as things certainly aren't going my way on the stock market at the moment.

Since my last update, the Tesla (TSLA) share price has gone downhill a lot, although it recovered somewhat after Tesla released self-driving features over the air. I think it will probably go down again when Tesla misses the full-year production goal. In any case, in a moment of madness, which I now regret, I sold it at $223.01, a loss of $39.99. It ended the week at $227.01.

Netflix (NFLX), my previous star performer, is going through a rough patch after disappointing subscriber figures. At one time, I had a profit of about $24 on my Netflix shares. I am now staring at a loss of €4.51. I' not going to sell this time.

I am however selling one of my RaboDirect funds. Henderson Global Tech Fund A2 has made a profit for me, which is nice, but I can get more value for money by investing in ETFs. I intend to sell the others at a profit too. Which fund do you think will be profitable next?


After selling TSLA, I decided to buy 5 shares in Ambarella (AMBA), in their own words, "a leading developer of low-power, high-definition (HD) and Ultra HD video compression and image processing solutions". Ambarella's products are used in GoPro cameras and have been hit by bad news from GoPro, so I was hoping to buy at low point and make a small profit quickly. I'm down €7.10 so far but I'm still optimistic.

I have begun looking at dividend paying shares and have identified a few that I will research more before making a decision. A few of them pay monthly dividends.

The monthly candidates are, in no particular order, Gladstone Commercial (GOOD), LTC Properties (LTC), Realty Income Corp (O), Sabine Royalty Trust (SBR), Shaw Communications (SJR), Cross Timbers Royalty Trust Units (CRT), Gladstone Capital (GLAD), Enerplus Corporation (ERF), Hugoton Royalty Trust (HGT), Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN). Some of them pay almost 10%, which sounds good but could be risky.

I am also looking at AT&T (T) and STAG Industrial (STAG). Their dividends seem decent but only quarterly.

Today I finally received Millionaire Teacher by Andrew Hallam. I am looking forward to reading it.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar