fredag 23. oktober 2015

A great day for selling

The euro lost 2% against the dollar today, which means the dollar is stronger than in a long time. This presented me with a good opportunity for some profit taking.


Facebook broke the three-digit barrier for the first time, so I decided to sell my single Facebook share at $102 and take my profit. It is possible that the share will continue to rise, but since Mark Zuckerberg doesn't pay any dividend the only way to earn money from his company at present is to buy relatively low and sell higher. Besides the P/E ratio is over 100, which seems rather high.

I bought FB on September 24 at $92.98, so I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I made a profit of €8.82 from my investment of €83.76, which includes 2 x €0.5 broker commission. This equates to a 10.53% return in one month.

I also took advantage of the strong dollar to get rid of two shares in Ambarella. I bought the ABMA shares on the 21th at $53 each plus commission (€93,55 + €0.51) and sold at $54. This resulted in a profit of €3.45 in just three days.

Thanks to the strong dollar and the strong performance of my portfolio, I am up €19.53 today for a total profit of €3.55 so far.

My portfolio currently consists of €918.31 in shares and €525.84 in cash.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar